A safe and comfortable place from which to explore The Gambia
The name Picca Laa means “Birdsong” in the local dialect as it is situated next to the biggest bird reserve in The Gambia near to the traditional fishing village of Tanji.
Here, life goes on much the same as it has done for years with the local fishing fleet sailing twice a day and returning with its catch when the whole village comes to life. The fish is carried from the boats on the heads of the local women and everyone has a part to play from unloading the fish to preparing the fish for market. If you like fresh fish then you are in the right place!
We planned to create a simple but clean and comfortable place from which guests could explore The Gambia whilst enjoying great local cooking and relaxing in the bar with a cold beer.
- Next to bird reserve
- 10 minutes from the beach
- 2 bars and restaurant
- Large and secure grounds to explore
- Experienced and friendly team available 24/7
Included with every booking:
- Complimentary drinks on arrival
- Complimentary laundry service
- Complimentary airport transfers for a parties of 6+