A safe and comfortable place from which to explore The Gambia
The name Picca Laa means “Birdsong” in the local dialect as it is situated next to the biggest bird reserve in The Gambia near to the traditional fishing village of Tanji.
Picca Laa began as a shared vision between a local Gambian businessman, Paul Jallow, and his European partner but is now run as a family business by Paul’s son Alieu and his wife Kaddi who live on-site and, along with other family members, will make sure you enjoy your stay at Picca Laa.
We planned to create a simple but clean and comfortable place from which guests could explore The Gambia whilst enjoying great local cooking and relaxing in the bar with a cold beer.
- Next to bird reserve
- 10 minutes from the beach
- 2 bars and restaurant
- Large and secure grounds to explore
- Experienced and friendly team available 24/7
Included with every booking:
- Complimentary drinks on arrival
- Complimentary laundry service
- Complimentary airport transfers for a parties of 6+