From the start of the project we agreed that, as far as possible, the people of Tanji would benefit from the project and Picca Laa is staffed and managed by local people from the village. We employed local people through-out construction and have trained the lodge team to meet the standards of service expected by European visitors.
We sought to build a simple but clean and comfortable place from which guests could explore The Gambia whilst enjoying great local cooking and relax in the bar with a cold beer.
Solar power is used for lighting and solar powered hot water is planned for the future which means that there are no energy greedy air conditioning units in keeping with the Eco theme.
Although Picca Laa may not offer some of the things we have grown used to it makes it perfect for those wanting a touch of tranquillity and to get away from the pressures of life for a while.
However for guests who want to see and experience The Gambia at night it is a short drive to Kololi – ground zero for entertainment with its bars, restaurants and night life.
We organise regular evening excursions for guests so that you can relax and enjoy without the worry of taxis and late night transport.
- Double or twin beds (double beds have twin mattresses)
- 3 pin sockets for light use (hair dryers are greedy for power which can overload the solar powered system).
- Bathroom with showers but not hot water
Eco Lodge Facilities include:
- Two bars and restaurant serving simple hot and cold breakfast with lunch and evening meal options
- 10 rooms with 1, 2 or 3 bedroom with lounge configurations to suit your needs and size of party.
Included with every booking:
- Complimentary drinks on arrival
- Complimentary laundry service
- Complimentary airport transfers for a parties of 6+
And it doesn’t stop there
- Escorted airport transfers for individuals and smaller parties (approximately 30 minutes transfer time)
- Vegetables grown on site and sourced locally
- 2 bars and restaurant
- Large and secure grounds to explore
- Experienced and friendly team available 24/7
- 10 minutes from the beach
Room rates for 2017/2018 season:
From £22 bed and breakfast per person per night (or dalasi equivalent)
Evening Meal is available for D450 or sterling equivalent (currently £7) per person.
(Sterling/euro equivalent is accepted at the prevailing exchange rate)