From the start of the project we agreed that, as far as possible, the people of Tanji would benefit from the project and Picca Laa is staffed and managed by local people from the village. We employed local people through-out construction and have trained the lodge team to meet the standards of service expected by European visitors.
We sought to build a simple, clean and comfortable place from which guests could explore The Gambia whilst enjoying great local cooking and relax in the bar with a cold beer.
Now with mains electricity and solar power as back-up, solar heated hot water is planned in the future which means that energy consumption will be in keeping with the Eco theme as far as possible. In line with this we do not plan to offer energy greedy air conditioning as an option although fans can be provided on request.
Picca Laa makes it perfect for those wanting a touch of tranquillity and to get away from the pressures of life for a while.
For guests who want to see and experience The Gambia at night, it is a short drive to Kololi – a hub of entertainment. With its bars, restaurants and night life.
We organise regular evening excursions for guests so that you can relax and enjoy without the worry of taxis and late night transport.
- Double or twin beds (double beds have twin mattresses)
- 3 pin sockets with mains electric and solar back up.
- Bathroom with showers (but not hot water, yet)
Eco Lodge Facilities include:
- Bar restaurant serving simple hot and cold breakfast with lunch and evening meal options.
- Bungalows with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms with lounge configurations to suit your needs and size of party.
Included with every booking:
- Complimentary drinks on arrival
- Complimentary laundry service
- Complimentary airport transfers for a parties of 6+
And it doesn’t stop there
- Escorted airport transfers for individuals and smaller parties (approximately 30 minutes transfer time)
- Vegetables grown on site and sourced locally
- Bar and restaurant
- Large and secure grounds to explore
- Experienced and friendly team available 24/7
- 10 minutes from the beach
Room rates for this season:
From £25 bed and breakfast per person per night (or dalasi equivalent)
Evening Meal is available for D450 or sterling equivalent (currently £7) per person.
(Sterling/euro equivalent is accepted at the prevailing exchange rate)
Calendar does not exist.
Calendar does not exist.
Make a booking by emailing email@example.com or using the contact us form.